Jaya announces slew of infrastructure projects
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday announced a series of internal infrastructure projects, including Chennai Peripheral Road estimated at Rs 1420 crore.
The Chennai Peripheral Road will connect Ennore Port and Mahabalipuram over a distance of 162 km on a new route covering different areas, she told the state Assembly.
"New roads to the stretch of 83.20 km will be laid while 78.60 km of roads will be upgraded," she said, adding, the project report will be prepared for this proposed initiative.
She also allocated Rs 81 crore for four-lane bridge connecting Tiruchirappalli and her constituency Srirangam besides some road works and another Rs 12.50 crore for bridge works in Karur disrtrict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics