Jaya announces slew of infrastructure projects
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday announced a series of internal infrastructure projects, including Chennai Peripheral Road estimated at Rs 1420 crore.
The Chennai Peripheral Road will connect Ennore Port and Mahabalipuram over a distance of 162 km on a new route covering different areas, she told the state Assembly.
"New roads to the stretch of 83.20 km will be laid while 78.60 km of roads will be upgraded," she said, adding, the project report will be prepared for this proposed initiative.
She also allocated Rs 81 crore for four-lane bridge connecting Tiruchirappalli and her constituency Srirangam besides some road works and another Rs 12.50 crore for bridge works in Karur disrtrict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah