Jaya announces slew of infrastructure projects
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday announced a series of internal infrastructure projects, including Chennai Peripheral Road estimated at Rs 1420 crore.
The Chennai Peripheral Road will connect Ennore Port and Mahabalipuram over a distance of 162 km on a new route covering different areas, she told the state Assembly.
"New roads to the stretch of 83.20 km will be laid while 78.60 km of roads will be upgraded," she said, adding, the project report will be prepared for this proposed initiative.
She also allocated Rs 81 crore for four-lane bridge connecting Tiruchirappalli and her constituency Srirangam besides some road works and another Rs 12.50 crore for bridge works in Karur disrtrict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'