Jaya appoints new Chennai Police Commissioner
Chennai: In the first top-level
administrative reshuffle, the Jayalalithaa government on Monday appointed JK Tripathy as Chennai city Police Commissioner,
shunting out incumbent T Rajendran.
The appointment of Tripathy, who was Additional
Director General of Police, Prisons, came within hours of
Jayalalithaa taking charge as Chief Minister.
In her election campaign for the Assembly elections,
Jayalalithaa had attacked the DMK rule over "deteriorating"
law and order and a day ahead of her swearing-in as Chief
Minister, she had declared that her first priority would be to
restore law and order.
Rajendran has been posted as ADGP, Prisons, an official
press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof