Jaya asks officials to bring back fishermen`s body from UAE
Chennai: Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday directed officials to take steps to bring the body of a Tamil Nadu fisherman killed off the coast of Abu Dhabi in the UAE.
Condoling the death of 32-year-old R Murugesan of Thoppuvalasai near Ramanathapuram, Jayalalithaa also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to the kin of the victim.
"I express my deep sympathies and condolences to the family of the victim. I have directed officials to take steps to bring his body to Tamil Nadu," she said in a statement.
Murugesan was killed when his boat was hit by another vessel off the coast of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday.
His family had appealed to the District Collector to take steps to bring his body back at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest