Jaya asks officials to bring back fishermen`s body from UAE
Chennai: Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday directed officials to take steps to bring the body of a Tamil Nadu fisherman killed off the coast of Abu Dhabi in the UAE.
Condoling the death of 32-year-old R Murugesan of Thoppuvalasai near Ramanathapuram, Jayalalithaa also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to the kin of the victim.
"I express my deep sympathies and condolences to the family of the victim. I have directed officials to take steps to bring his body to Tamil Nadu," she said in a statement.
Murugesan was killed when his boat was hit by another vessel off the coast of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday.
His family had appealed to the District Collector to take steps to bring his body back at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam