Jaya asks officials to bring back fishermen`s body from UAE
Chennai: Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday directed officials to take steps to bring the body of a Tamil Nadu fisherman killed off the coast of Abu Dhabi in the UAE.
Condoling the death of 32-year-old R Murugesan of Thoppuvalasai near Ramanathapuram, Jayalalithaa also announced a solatium of Rs one lakh to the kin of the victim.
"I express my deep sympathies and condolences to the family of the victim. I have directed officials to take steps to bring his body to Tamil Nadu," she said in a statement.
Murugesan was killed when his boat was hit by another vessel off the coast of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates on Wednesday.
His family had appealed to the District Collector to take steps to bring his body back at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?