Jaya claims Gov refused to pay allowance to security personnel
Chennai: AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa Wednesday claimed that the Tamil Nadu government had refused to pay the daily allowance to security personnel on poll duty and alleged that the ruling DMK might create violence in the event of their absence.
Speaking to reporters after casting her vote at a polling station here, she appealed to the Election Commission to take cognizance of the issue and act accordingly. "I have got information that the Chief Secretary is going to refuse or has already refused to pay the daily allowance of Rs 300 to the security personnel who are in Tamil Nadu for the Assembly polls", Jayalalithaa said.
"The Election Commission should take cognisance of this information and act accordingly", she said.
She said since the government refused to pay their allowance, the over one lakh security personnel have planned to go on a strike today.
"Taking this as cover, the DMK men may create violence and can cast bogus votes..., she alleged.
Jayalalithaa, who is contesting from Srirangam constituency, expressed confidence that her party along with alliance parties would win the polls and form the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands