Jaya claims Gov refused to pay allowance to security personnel
Chennai: AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa Wednesday claimed that the Tamil Nadu government had refused to pay the daily allowance to security personnel on poll duty and alleged that the ruling DMK might create violence in the event of their absence.
Speaking to reporters after casting her vote at a polling station here, she appealed to the Election Commission to take cognizance of the issue and act accordingly. "I have got information that the Chief Secretary is going to refuse or has already refused to pay the daily allowance of Rs 300 to the security personnel who are in Tamil Nadu for the Assembly polls", Jayalalithaa said.
"The Election Commission should take cognisance of this information and act accordingly", she said.
She said since the government refused to pay their allowance, the over one lakh security personnel have planned to go on a strike today.
"Taking this as cover, the DMK men may create violence and can cast bogus votes..., she alleged.
Jayalalithaa, who is contesting from Srirangam constituency, expressed confidence that her party along with alliance parties would win the polls and form the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy