Jaya claims Gov refused to pay allowance to security personnel
Chennai: AIADMK leader Jayalalithaa Wednesday claimed that the Tamil Nadu government had refused to pay the daily allowance to security personnel on poll duty and alleged that the ruling DMK might create violence in the event of their absence.
Speaking to reporters after casting her vote at a polling station here, she appealed to the Election Commission to take cognizance of the issue and act accordingly. "I have got information that the Chief Secretary is going to refuse or has already refused to pay the daily allowance of Rs 300 to the security personnel who are in Tamil Nadu for the Assembly polls", Jayalalithaa said.
"The Election Commission should take cognisance of this information and act accordingly", she said.
She said since the government refused to pay their allowance, the over one lakh security personnel have planned to go on a strike today.
"Taking this as cover, the DMK men may create violence and can cast bogus votes..., she alleged.
Jayalalithaa, who is contesting from Srirangam constituency, expressed confidence that her party along with alliance parties would win the polls and form the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?