Jaya confident of another resounding success
Chennai: Slamming the DMK for its "unprecedented scams", AIADMK supreme and Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today exuded confidence that people who unseated the Karunanidhi Government would give more resounding success to her party in the future.
In her message to the party workers on AIADMK`s Foundation Day, Jayalalithaa, in an indirect reference to the 2G scam without naming DMK, said people had rejected those who had "looted the nation of several lakhs of crores, brought disrepute to Tamil Nadu at the national level by indulging in unprecedented scams and hindering the progress of the state."
"Evil forces are trying to raise again thinking that people would have forgotten their miseries. We know that people would not allow it to happen", Jayalalithaa, who led the party to a landslide victory in last year`s Assembly elections, said.
Maintaining that she was voted to power for the third time keeping in mind good work done by her in her previous tenures, Jayalalithaa, who had set her eyes on AIADMK playing a key role at national level after the Lok Sabha polls, said, "I realise with gratitude that the people are waiting to give more victory prizes to the AIADMK."
Tracing her political journey, Jayalalithaa said it was not an easy task for a woman to lead a political life in the state but she had dedicated her life to protecting AIADMK founded by late M G Ramachandran, known as MGR, on this day in 1972.
Noting that she had been implementing various welfare measures in order to put the state on top and several states were following it, the Chief Minister said she had no "personal motives" and she followed the principle "I am for you and I am because of you".
Highlighting various welfare schemes such as midday meal, pension to elders, education for all and free laptop to students implemented during AIADMK regime, Jayalalithaa assured continuation of such "progressive schemes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- WATCH: When PM Narendra Modi made fun of Congress, blasted the party over corruption, poverty
- Over 150 BJP workers detained as they protest in Delhi against party worker's murder in Kerala
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Indian Premier League 9, Match 55: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Sunrisers Hyderabad - As it happened...
- IPL 2016, Match 56: DD vs RCB - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming