Jaya DA case: Proceedings Sasikala on June 6
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today adjourned to June 6, recording of the statement of Sasikala Natarajan, her close aide and co-accused in the case.
Earlier, Sasikala`s counsel C Manishankhar filed a memo stating that the Karnataka High Court in its May 15 order had stayed the proceedings against Sasikala for three weeks and the stay was in force till June 5.
Taking this into account, Judge B M Mallikarjunaiah adjourned further recording of Sasikala`s statement to Jun6.
On May 15, Justice B V Pinto stayed for three weeks proceedings against Sasikala on a criminal petition filed by her challenging the April 21 order of the trial court.
The special court Judge had rejected applications filed by Jayalalithaa and Sasikala seeking perusal of unmarked documents pertaining to the case on grounds that the plea was not maintainable.
Sasikala has answered 632 out of over 1,000 questions framed by the court.
Jayalalithaa, the first accused in the case, had already completed her deposition.
The case relating to alleged accumulation of Rs 66 crore assets by Jayalalithaa when she was chief minister between 1991 and 1995, had been transferred to Bangalore by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?