Jaya DA case: Proceedings Sasikala on June 6
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today adjourned to June 6, recording of the statement of Sasikala Natarajan, her close aide and co-accused in the case.
Earlier, Sasikala`s counsel C Manishankhar filed a memo stating that the Karnataka High Court in its May 15 order had stayed the proceedings against Sasikala for three weeks and the stay was in force till June 5.
Taking this into account, Judge B M Mallikarjunaiah adjourned further recording of Sasikala`s statement to Jun6.
On May 15, Justice B V Pinto stayed for three weeks proceedings against Sasikala on a criminal petition filed by her challenging the April 21 order of the trial court.
The special court Judge had rejected applications filed by Jayalalithaa and Sasikala seeking perusal of unmarked documents pertaining to the case on grounds that the plea was not maintainable.
Sasikala has answered 632 out of over 1,000 questions framed by the court.
Jayalalithaa, the first accused in the case, had already completed her deposition.
The case relating to alleged accumulation of Rs 66 crore assets by Jayalalithaa when she was chief minister between 1991 and 1995, had been transferred to Bangalore by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'