Jaya DA case: Proceedings Sasikala on June 6
Bangalore: The Special Court trying the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today adjourned to June 6, recording of the statement of Sasikala Natarajan, her close aide and co-accused in the case.
Earlier, Sasikala`s counsel C Manishankhar filed a memo stating that the Karnataka High Court in its May 15 order had stayed the proceedings against Sasikala for three weeks and the stay was in force till June 5.
Taking this into account, Judge B M Mallikarjunaiah adjourned further recording of Sasikala`s statement to Jun6.
On May 15, Justice B V Pinto stayed for three weeks proceedings against Sasikala on a criminal petition filed by her challenging the April 21 order of the trial court.
The special court Judge had rejected applications filed by Jayalalithaa and Sasikala seeking perusal of unmarked documents pertaining to the case on grounds that the plea was not maintainable.
Sasikala has answered 632 out of over 1,000 questions framed by the court.
Jayalalithaa, the first accused in the case, had already completed her deposition.
The case relating to alleged accumulation of Rs 66 crore assets by Jayalalithaa when she was chief minister between 1991 and 1995, had been transferred to Bangalore by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray