Jaya drops minister, relieves him from key party post
Chennai: AIADMK leader K A Sengottaiyan was on Wednesday dropped from the Tamil Nadu ministry and a key party post by Chief Minister and party supremo Jayalalithaa.
Sengottaiyan, who held the revenue portfolio, has been dropped and Thoppu N D Venkatachalam inducted in his place, a Raj Bhavan communique said tonight.
An AIADMK statement said Sengottaiyan was also relieved from the post of Headquarters` Secretary.
Sengottaiyan had held portfolios of IT and Agriculture earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!