Jaya effects minor reshuffle in TN cabinet, drops 2 ministers, inducts 2
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Monday effected a minor rejig of her ministry, dropping two ministers and inducting as many.
Jayalalithaa dropped Labour Minister S T Chellapandian and Minister for Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare A Mohammedjan from the state Cabinet.
A Raj Bhavan communique said on the recommendations of the Chief Minister, Governor K Rosaiah has approved induction of S P Shunmuganathan, who represents Srivaikuntam assembly constituency and S Abdul Rahim (Avadi assembly constituency), a new face into the ministry.
While Shunmuganathan has been given Tourism ministry, Rahim gets Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare, the communique said.
On the recommendations by the Chief Minister, changes in portfolios of some ministers has been effected.
The portfolio of Labour, Population, Employment and Training, Newsprint Control, Census and Urban and Rural Employment have been allocated to K T Pachamal and he redesignated as Minister for Labour.
The portfolio of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments has been given to P Chendur Pandian and he has been designated as Minister for HR and CE.
The portfolio of Forest has been allocated to M S M Anandan, it said.
The new ministers will be sworn-in tomorrow, the communique said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!