Jaya effects minor reshuffle in TN cabinet, drops 2 ministers, inducts 2
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Monday effected a minor rejig of her ministry, dropping two ministers and inducting as many.
Jayalalithaa dropped Labour Minister S T Chellapandian and Minister for Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare A Mohammedjan from the state Cabinet.
A Raj Bhavan communique said on the recommendations of the Chief Minister, Governor K Rosaiah has approved induction of S P Shunmuganathan, who represents Srivaikuntam assembly constituency and S Abdul Rahim (Avadi assembly constituency), a new face into the ministry.
While Shunmuganathan has been given Tourism ministry, Rahim gets Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare, the communique said.
On the recommendations by the Chief Minister, changes in portfolios of some ministers has been effected.
The portfolio of Labour, Population, Employment and Training, Newsprint Control, Census and Urban and Rural Employment have been allocated to K T Pachamal and he redesignated as Minister for Labour.
The portfolio of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments has been given to P Chendur Pandian and he has been designated as Minister for HR and CE.
The portfolio of Forest has been allocated to M S M Anandan, it said.
The new ministers will be sworn-in tomorrow, the communique said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj