Jaya eyes top spot in Indian politics
Chennai: After predicting a bigger role for
her party at the national level in the Lok Sabha polls due in
2014, AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa on Monday asked party workers to
take a vow to determine the future of Indian politics.
"Let us gear up to take the party`s victory beyond the
borders of Tamil Nadu and reach the top spot in Indian
politics. Let us take a vow to take the party to the position
of determining the future of Indian politics," she told
partymen on the eve of the 95th birth anniversary celebrations
of party founder M G Ramachandran, fondly known as MGR.
Jayalalithaa`s observation comes close on the heels of
her address at the party`s General Council meeting, where she
had said the time was ripe for the AIADMK to strengthen its
position at the national level and became a power to decide
the next Prime Minister.
Buoyed by the resounding success at the Assembly and
civic elections, she said the party has created a situation
whereby no other party can defeat it.
Observing that MGR had described DMK leader M Karunanidhi
as an "evil force", Jayalalithaa said she was happy to "wipe
out" Karunanidhi and his family from Tamil Nadu politics.
Without naming Karunanidhi, she hit out at those who
pursue the welfare of their family members and said these
people would be thrown out without a trace.
Jayalalithaa said the late MGR had laid a strong
foundation for the party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged