Jaya eyes top spot in Indian politics
Chennai: After predicting a bigger role for
her party at the national level in the Lok Sabha polls due in
2014, AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa on Monday asked party workers to
take a vow to determine the future of Indian politics.
"Let us gear up to take the party`s victory beyond the
borders of Tamil Nadu and reach the top spot in Indian
politics. Let us take a vow to take the party to the position
of determining the future of Indian politics," she told
partymen on the eve of the 95th birth anniversary celebrations
of party founder M G Ramachandran, fondly known as MGR.
Jayalalithaa`s observation comes close on the heels of
her address at the party`s General Council meeting, where she
had said the time was ripe for the AIADMK to strengthen its
position at the national level and became a power to decide
the next Prime Minister.
Buoyed by the resounding success at the Assembly and
civic elections, she said the party has created a situation
whereby no other party can defeat it.
Observing that MGR had described DMK leader M Karunanidhi
as an "evil force", Jayalalithaa said she was happy to "wipe
out" Karunanidhi and his family from Tamil Nadu politics.
Without naming Karunanidhi, she hit out at those who
pursue the welfare of their family members and said these
people would be thrown out without a trace.
Jayalalithaa said the late MGR had laid a strong
foundation for the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015