Jaya eyes top spot in Indian politics
Chennai: After predicting a bigger role for
her party at the national level in the Lok Sabha polls due in
2014, AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa on Monday asked party workers to
take a vow to determine the future of Indian politics.
"Let us gear up to take the party`s victory beyond the
borders of Tamil Nadu and reach the top spot in Indian
politics. Let us take a vow to take the party to the position
of determining the future of Indian politics," she told
partymen on the eve of the 95th birth anniversary celebrations
of party founder M G Ramachandran, fondly known as MGR.
Jayalalithaa`s observation comes close on the heels of
her address at the party`s General Council meeting, where she
had said the time was ripe for the AIADMK to strengthen its
position at the national level and became a power to decide
the next Prime Minister.
Buoyed by the resounding success at the Assembly and
civic elections, she said the party has created a situation
whereby no other party can defeat it.
Observing that MGR had described DMK leader M Karunanidhi
as an "evil force", Jayalalithaa said she was happy to "wipe
out" Karunanidhi and his family from Tamil Nadu politics.
Without naming Karunanidhi, she hit out at those who
pursue the welfare of their family members and said these
people would be thrown out without a trace.
Jayalalithaa said the late MGR had laid a strong
foundation for the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez