Jaya eyes top spot in Indian politics
Chennai: After predicting a bigger role for
her party at the national level in the Lok Sabha polls due in
2014, AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa on Monday asked party workers to
take a vow to determine the future of Indian politics.
"Let us gear up to take the party`s victory beyond the
borders of Tamil Nadu and reach the top spot in Indian
politics. Let us take a vow to take the party to the position
of determining the future of Indian politics," she told
partymen on the eve of the 95th birth anniversary celebrations
of party founder M G Ramachandran, fondly known as MGR.
Jayalalithaa`s observation comes close on the heels of
her address at the party`s General Council meeting, where she
had said the time was ripe for the AIADMK to strengthen its
position at the national level and became a power to decide
the next Prime Minister.
Buoyed by the resounding success at the Assembly and
civic elections, she said the party has created a situation
whereby no other party can defeat it.
Observing that MGR had described DMK leader M Karunanidhi
as an "evil force", Jayalalithaa said she was happy to "wipe
out" Karunanidhi and his family from Tamil Nadu politics.
Without naming Karunanidhi, she hit out at those who
pursue the welfare of their family members and said these
people would be thrown out without a trace.
Jayalalithaa said the late MGR had laid a strong
foundation for the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley