Jaya flags of 675 new buses
Chennai: A total of 675 new buses were today flagged off by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa,taking the total number of buses run by the state-run Transport Corporations to 20,500.
The buses will ply on 286 new routes, a government release said.
Observing that transportation plays a vital role in the growth of a State, the release said it was announced by the Government that the total number of buses plying would be increased to 20,000 vehicles in 2012-13.
"With the launch of 675 new buses and 286 routes, today, the total number of buses plying in the State has increased to 20,500", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook