Jaya flags of 675 new buses
Chennai: A total of 675 new buses were today flagged off by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa,taking the total number of buses run by the state-run Transport Corporations to 20,500.
The buses will ply on 286 new routes, a government release said.
Observing that transportation plays a vital role in the growth of a State, the release said it was announced by the Government that the total number of buses plying would be increased to 20,000 vehicles in 2012-13.
"With the launch of 675 new buses and 286 routes, today, the total number of buses plying in the State has increased to 20,500", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read