Jaya flags of 675 new buses
Chennai: A total of 675 new buses were today flagged off by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa,taking the total number of buses run by the state-run Transport Corporations to 20,500.
The buses will ply on 286 new routes, a government release said.
Observing that transportation plays a vital role in the growth of a State, the release said it was announced by the Government that the total number of buses plying would be increased to 20,000 vehicles in 2012-13.
"With the launch of 675 new buses and 286 routes, today, the total number of buses plying in the State has increased to 20,500", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra