Jaya flags of 675 new buses
Chennai: A total of 675 new buses were today flagged off by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa,taking the total number of buses run by the state-run Transport Corporations to 20,500.
The buses will ply on 286 new routes, a government release said.
Observing that transportation plays a vital role in the growth of a State, the release said it was announced by the Government that the total number of buses plying would be increased to 20,000 vehicles in 2012-13.
"With the launch of 675 new buses and 286 routes, today, the total number of buses plying in the State has increased to 20,500", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3