Jaya govt presents tax-free Budget
Chennai: The Jayalalithaa government in Tamil Nadu on Thursday presented a tax-free Budget for 2013-14, proposing `prudent fiscal management", amidst gloomy national economic scenario.
Finance Minister O Panneerselvam presented the Budget amidst a walkout by opposition DMK and said that despite the pressures of vital expenditure and serious resource constraints, "no new tax will be imposed, nor will any existing tax rate be hiked in the budget."
With the agriculture sector facing severe crisis in the wake of a drought situation, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa will soon announce a relief package to non-Cauvery delta districts, he said.
This will be on the lines of a relief package announced for the Cauvery delta districts last month following deficit monsoon and Cauvery crisis, Panneerselvam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD