Jaya govt presents tax-free Budget
Chennai: The Jayalalithaa government in Tamil Nadu on Thursday presented a tax-free Budget for 2013-14, proposing `prudent fiscal management", amidst gloomy national economic scenario.
Finance Minister O Panneerselvam presented the Budget amidst a walkout by opposition DMK and said that despite the pressures of vital expenditure and serious resource constraints, "no new tax will be imposed, nor will any existing tax rate be hiked in the budget."
With the agriculture sector facing severe crisis in the wake of a drought situation, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa will soon announce a relief package to non-Cauvery delta districts, he said.
This will be on the lines of a relief package announced for the Cauvery delta districts last month following deficit monsoon and Cauvery crisis, Panneerselvam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail