Jaya govt presents tax-free Budget
Chennai: The Jayalalithaa government in Tamil Nadu on Thursday presented a tax-free Budget for 2013-14, proposing `prudent fiscal management", amidst gloomy national economic scenario.
Finance Minister O Panneerselvam presented the Budget amidst a walkout by opposition DMK and said that despite the pressures of vital expenditure and serious resource constraints, "no new tax will be imposed, nor will any existing tax rate be hiked in the budget."
With the agriculture sector facing severe crisis in the wake of a drought situation, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa will soon announce a relief package to non-Cauvery delta districts, he said.
This will be on the lines of a relief package announced for the Cauvery delta districts last month following deficit monsoon and Cauvery crisis, Panneerselvam added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred