Jaya hits out at Stalin over his remarks on budget
Chennai: Hitting out at the DMK for boycotting her government`s budget on Monday on the ground that she had made many important announcements ahead of it, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said she had only implemented proposals announced earlier.
She was responding to DMK Legislature Party Leader M K Stalin who had slammed her for making announcements prior to budget, saying she did so as she was not confident about the budget as they had to be mentioned in the exercise.
The DMK had boycotted the budget, drawing sharp criticism from the Chief Minister, who said it was customary of the opposition party to do so and that it had even boycotted the Governor`s address earlier.
On various measures announced for the police department last week, which DMK had criticised, she said she had not come out with any new proposals and the decision to implement Rs 34 crore worth projects and procurement had been decided upon after a meeting with Superintendents of Police last year.
"The proposal to buy new patrol vehicles was made in last year`s Home Department grants, "she said in the state Assembly. The same was the case with the proposal to set up a college at Bodinayakkanur, she added.
"Stalin made the allegations only to criticise the
government. My government accords high priority to Assembly
protocol and we will not violate and there is no need to do
so," she said.
Stalin, who she recalled is a former Deputy Chief
Minister, should clarify whether his allegations were a result
of his `ignorance` or an intention to criticise the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam