Jaya hits out at UPA on price rise issue
Chennai: Slamming the UPA government for the
price rise, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said
it was the Centre`s responsibility to bring down the prices.
"It is the Central government which is responsible for rise
of prices all over India. It is upto the government to take
appropriate steps to bring down prices," she told reporters
after inaugurating the renovated Press Room at the state
She said the Centre has to take steps to bring down prices
to help the common man.
Her comments came on a day when the Opposition initiated a
debate on price rise in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday