Jaya hits out at UPA on price rise issue
Chennai: Slamming the UPA government for the
price rise, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said
it was the Centre`s responsibility to bring down the prices.
"It is the Central government which is responsible for rise
of prices all over India. It is upto the government to take
appropriate steps to bring down prices," she told reporters
after inaugurating the renovated Press Room at the state
She said the Centre has to take steps to bring down prices
to help the common man.
Her comments came on a day when the Opposition initiated a
debate on price rise in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30