Jaya hits out at UPA on price rise issue
Chennai: Slamming the UPA government for the
price rise, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said
it was the Centre`s responsibility to bring down the prices.
"It is the Central government which is responsible for rise
of prices all over India. It is upto the government to take
appropriate steps to bring down prices," she told reporters
after inaugurating the renovated Press Room at the state
She said the Centre has to take steps to bring down prices
to help the common man.
Her comments came on a day when the Opposition initiated a
debate on price rise in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'