Jaya hits out at UPA on price rise issue
Chennai: Slamming the UPA government for the
price rise, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday said
it was the Centre`s responsibility to bring down the prices.
"It is the Central government which is responsible for rise
of prices all over India. It is upto the government to take
appropriate steps to bring down prices," she told reporters
after inaugurating the renovated Press Room at the state
She said the Centre has to take steps to bring down prices
to help the common man.
Her comments came on a day when the Opposition initiated a
debate on price rise in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai