Jaya increases DA for transport workers
Chennai: In a move that will benefit over
one lakh employees of all eight government transport
corporations in the state, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on Wednesday increased the Dearness Allowance of
transport employees from 51 per cent to 58 per cent, with
effect from July 1 this year.
The increase will benefit 1,19,261 employees of all eight
government transport corporations in the state and would
additionally cost Rs 9.15 crore annually to the exchequer.
The arrears will be paid in cash, Jayalalithaa said in
"I hope this increase will encourage employees and
workers to do their duty with more motivation and cheer," she
said, days after announcing a hike in bus fares.
Jayalalithaa had in October increased the DA of state
government officials, teachers and pensioners from 51 per cent
to 58 per cent, placing them on par with their central
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani