Jaya increases DA for transport workers
Chennai: In a move that will benefit over
one lakh employees of all eight government transport
corporations in the state, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on Wednesday increased the Dearness Allowance of
transport employees from 51 per cent to 58 per cent, with
effect from July 1 this year.
The increase will benefit 1,19,261 employees of all eight
government transport corporations in the state and would
additionally cost Rs 9.15 crore annually to the exchequer.
The arrears will be paid in cash, Jayalalithaa said in
"I hope this increase will encourage employees and
workers to do their duty with more motivation and cheer," she
said, days after announcing a hike in bus fares.
Jayalalithaa had in October increased the DA of state
government officials, teachers and pensioners from 51 per cent
to 58 per cent, placing them on par with their central
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!