Jaya increases DA for transport workers
Chennai: In a move that will benefit over
one lakh employees of all eight government transport
corporations in the state, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on Wednesday increased the Dearness Allowance of
transport employees from 51 per cent to 58 per cent, with
effect from July 1 this year.
The increase will benefit 1,19,261 employees of all eight
government transport corporations in the state and would
additionally cost Rs 9.15 crore annually to the exchequer.
The arrears will be paid in cash, Jayalalithaa said in
"I hope this increase will encourage employees and
workers to do their duty with more motivation and cheer," she
said, days after announcing a hike in bus fares.
Jayalalithaa had in October increased the DA of state
government officials, teachers and pensioners from 51 per cent
to 58 per cent, placing them on par with their central
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs