Jaya increases DA for transport workers
Chennai: In a move that will benefit over
one lakh employees of all eight government transport
corporations in the state, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on Wednesday increased the Dearness Allowance of
transport employees from 51 per cent to 58 per cent, with
effect from July 1 this year.
The increase will benefit 1,19,261 employees of all eight
government transport corporations in the state and would
additionally cost Rs 9.15 crore annually to the exchequer.
The arrears will be paid in cash, Jayalalithaa said in
"I hope this increase will encourage employees and
workers to do their duty with more motivation and cheer," she
said, days after announcing a hike in bus fares.
Jayalalithaa had in October increased the DA of state
government officials, teachers and pensioners from 51 per cent
to 58 per cent, placing them on par with their central
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued