Jaya launches series of initiatives through video conferencing
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday launched a series of initiatives through video-conferencing from the state Secretariat here.
Among those were around 25 bridges constructed at a cost of over Rs 158 crore across the state and housing projects worth over Rs 30 crore in Coimbatore, Namakkal and Villupuram, a state government release here said.
She also inaugurated two veterniary hospitals and research institutes at Tanjavur and Tirunelveli districts at a combined cost of around Rs 28 crore, it added.
Jayalalithaa inaugurated the Police Commissioner`s office at Tirunelveli, besides a series of housing projects for them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt