Jaya orders check dam to store Krishna river water
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Sunday proposed
Rs 98.60 crore worth infrastructure-related projects on the water front including a check dam to store Krishna river water released by Andhra Pradesh to meet the drinking water requirements of the city.
As per the measures announced by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the check dam will be constructed across river Kotralai in neighbouring Tiruvallore district at an estimated cost of Rs 35 crore to store Krishna water.
Under an agreement, Tamil Nadu is entitled to get annually
12 TMC of Krishna water from Andhra Pradesh.
Besides, she ordered implementation of various other projects including desilting and deepening of lakes, approach canals, check dams, lake-renovation and water projects across Vaigai and Cauvery rivers for Sivaganga and Srirangam would be taken up, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi