Jaya orders check dam to store Krishna river water
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Sunday proposed
Rs 98.60 crore worth infrastructure-related projects on the water front including a check dam to store Krishna river water released by Andhra Pradesh to meet the drinking water requirements of the city.
As per the measures announced by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the check dam will be constructed across river Kotralai in neighbouring Tiruvallore district at an estimated cost of Rs 35 crore to store Krishna water.
Under an agreement, Tamil Nadu is entitled to get annually
12 TMC of Krishna water from Andhra Pradesh.
Besides, she ordered implementation of various other projects including desilting and deepening of lakes, approach canals, check dams, lake-renovation and water projects across Vaigai and Cauvery rivers for Sivaganga and Srirangam would be taken up, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters