Jaya orders check dam to store Krishna river water
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Sunday proposed
Rs 98.60 crore worth infrastructure-related projects on the water front including a check dam to store Krishna river water released by Andhra Pradesh to meet the drinking water requirements of the city.
As per the measures announced by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the check dam will be constructed across river Kotralai in neighbouring Tiruvallore district at an estimated cost of Rs 35 crore to store Krishna water.
Under an agreement, Tamil Nadu is entitled to get annually
12 TMC of Krishna water from Andhra Pradesh.
Besides, she ordered implementation of various other projects including desilting and deepening of lakes, approach canals, check dams, lake-renovation and water projects across Vaigai and Cauvery rivers for Sivaganga and Srirangam would be taken up, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites