Jaya orders check dam to store Krishna river water
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Sunday proposed
Rs 98.60 crore worth infrastructure-related projects on the water front including a check dam to store Krishna river water released by Andhra Pradesh to meet the drinking water requirements of the city.
As per the measures announced by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the check dam will be constructed across river Kotralai in neighbouring Tiruvallore district at an estimated cost of Rs 35 crore to store Krishna water.
Under an agreement, Tamil Nadu is entitled to get annually
12 TMC of Krishna water from Andhra Pradesh.
Besides, she ordered implementation of various other projects including desilting and deepening of lakes, approach canals, check dams, lake-renovation and water projects across Vaigai and Cauvery rivers for Sivaganga and Srirangam would be taken up, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it