Jaya orders check dam to store Krishna river water
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Sunday proposed
Rs 98.60 crore worth infrastructure-related projects on the water front including a check dam to store Krishna river water released by Andhra Pradesh to meet the drinking water requirements of the city.
As per the measures announced by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the check dam will be constructed across river Kotralai in neighbouring Tiruvallore district at an estimated cost of Rs 35 crore to store Krishna water.
Under an agreement, Tamil Nadu is entitled to get annually
12 TMC of Krishna water from Andhra Pradesh.
Besides, she ordered implementation of various other projects including desilting and deepening of lakes, approach canals, check dams, lake-renovation and water projects across Vaigai and Cauvery rivers for Sivaganga and Srirangam would be taken up, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal