Jaya orders creation of nearly 8,000 teacher/assistant posts
Chennai: As part of her efforts to strengthen the school education system, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday ordered creation of nearly 8,000 new posts, including that of 1,591 PG teachers, and allocated Rs 152.73 crore for infrastructure facilities in 131 schools.
She ordered creation of 1,591 post-graduate teacher posts to meet the requirement of government higher secondary schools, at an additional annual expenditure of Rs 63.94 crore to the government, an official release said.
Besides, a total of 4,393 lab attender posts would be created to meet the requirement of as many schools.
Jayalalithaa also ordered creation of 1,764 posts of junior assistants one each for as many schools, which would cast an additional annual burden of Rs 109.03 crore on the state exchequer.
Last year, a total of 1,590 PG teacher posts were created as per Jayalalithaa`s orders. Besides 544 lab attender and 344 junior assistant posts had also been filled already.
To provide infrastructure facilities such as additional class rooms, drinking water, labs, toilets and compound wall in 131 government higher secondary schools, the chief minister allocated Rs 152.73 crore, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes