Jaya orders creation of nearly 8,000 teacher/assistant posts
Chennai: As part of her efforts to strengthen the school education system, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday ordered creation of nearly 8,000 new posts, including that of 1,591 PG teachers, and allocated Rs 152.73 crore for infrastructure facilities in 131 schools.
She ordered creation of 1,591 post-graduate teacher posts to meet the requirement of government higher secondary schools, at an additional annual expenditure of Rs 63.94 crore to the government, an official release said.
Besides, a total of 4,393 lab attender posts would be created to meet the requirement of as many schools.
Jayalalithaa also ordered creation of 1,764 posts of junior assistants one each for as many schools, which would cast an additional annual burden of Rs 109.03 crore on the state exchequer.
Last year, a total of 1,590 PG teacher posts were created as per Jayalalithaa`s orders. Besides 544 lab attender and 344 junior assistant posts had also been filled already.
To provide infrastructure facilities such as additional class rooms, drinking water, labs, toilets and compound wall in 131 government higher secondary schools, the chief minister allocated Rs 152.73 crore, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know