Jaya orders delimitation of 81 villages in Kanyakumari dist
Chennai: Citing high population density, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday ordered delimitation of 81 revenue villages in Kanyakumari district and creation of 107 new villages and an equal number of Village Administrative Officer and Village Assistant posts.
At the end of the delimitation, there would be 188 revenue villages in the district, an official release said.
The decision was taken as the district has a high population density ranging from 30,000 to one lakh in each revenue villages. Also, Some parts of municipalities and municipal panchayats fall under the 81 villages.
The revenue villages spread across Agasteeswaram and Thovalai Taluks of Nagercoil Revenue Division and Kalkulam Vilavancode Taluks of Padmanabhapuram Revenue Division would undergo the delimitation and 107 new revenue villages would be created, it said.
Posts of Village Administrative Officer and Village Assistants would be created to be posted in the 107 new revenue villages, it said.
This would cost the exchequer a sum of Rs 5.60 crore and a recurring expense of Rs 2.68 crore per annum, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security