Jaya releases "Vision Tamil Nadu 2023" document
Chennai: Aiming to make Tamil Nadu `numero uno` state in the country, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday set a target of 11 percent growth in GSDP by 2023.
Releasing the "Vision Tamil Nadu 2023" document here, Jayalalithaa said, "over the next 11 years, Tamil Nadu will aim to increase its GSDP (Gross State Domestic Product) at a growth rate of 11 percent or more per annum".
An aspiration of making the state`s economy grow at 11 percent is an "achievable goal", she said, citing that the state had already clocked an impressive growth rate of 13.95 percent in 2005-06 and the manufacturing sector registered an all time growth of 15.10 percent.
"Although this growth momentum decelerated in subsequent years, there is no reason to believe that we cannot reclaim the high growth path", she said.
Hoping that the state would have 100 percent safe sanitation before 2023, Jayalalithaa said open defecation would be completely eliminated in the State by then.
With the state facing severe power crisis, she said one of her vision was to build 20,000 MW of additional power generation capacity in the next 10 years.
"My vision is that every household, every village, every industry or commercial establishment in Tamil Nadu should get uninterrupted power with stable quality", she said.
Besides, she said, the state would require 20 million skilled persons over the next 11 years and added that there was a need to establish 10 or more Centre of Excellence in various fields for this purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list