Jaya reviews law and order over dam row
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
J Jayalalithaa reviewed the law and order situation and the
power scenario in the state with senior civil and police
The meeting comes in the backdrop of sporadic incidents of
violence targeting commercial establishments owned by
Keralites over the Mullaiperiyar Dam issue and
anti-Koodankulam protestors threatening to intensify their
stir following Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s announcement
that the KNPP would be operationalised in couple of weeks.
The high level meeting was attended by, among others, Chief
Secretary Debendranath Sarangi, DGP K Ramanujam, Home
Secretary Rameshram Mishra, Energy Secretary Ramesh Kumar
Khanna, ADGP (Law and Order) S George, TNEB Chairman and
Managing Director Rajeev Ranjan, a state government release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read