Jaya reviews law and order over dam row
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
J Jayalalithaa reviewed the law and order situation and the
power scenario in the state with senior civil and police
The meeting comes in the backdrop of sporadic incidents of
violence targeting commercial establishments owned by
Keralites over the Mullaiperiyar Dam issue and
anti-Koodankulam protestors threatening to intensify their
stir following Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s announcement
that the KNPP would be operationalised in couple of weeks.
The high level meeting was attended by, among others, Chief
Secretary Debendranath Sarangi, DGP K Ramanujam, Home
Secretary Rameshram Mishra, Energy Secretary Ramesh Kumar
Khanna, ADGP (Law and Order) S George, TNEB Chairman and
Managing Director Rajeev Ranjan, a state government release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?