Jaya sanctions funds for renovation of memorial
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday alloted funds to the tune of Rs 48.95 lakh for renovation of a Mahatma Gandhi statue here and memorial of former Chief Minister K Kamaraj in Kanyakumari district.
According to an official release, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had issued orders to allot Rs 11.95 lakh for renovation of the Mahatma Gandhi statue located on Kamarajar Salai, close to the shores of the Marina beach.
She also alloted Rs 37 lakh for renovating the Kamaraj memorial located in Kanyakumari district, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS