Jaya sanctions funds for renovation of memorial
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday alloted funds to the tune of Rs 48.95 lakh for renovation of a Mahatma Gandhi statue here and memorial of former Chief Minister K Kamaraj in Kanyakumari district.
According to an official release, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had issued orders to allot Rs 11.95 lakh for renovation of the Mahatma Gandhi statue located on Kamarajar Salai, close to the shores of the Marina beach.
She also alloted Rs 37 lakh for renovating the Kamaraj memorial located in Kanyakumari district, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH