Jaya sanctions funds for renovation of memorial
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday alloted funds to the tune of Rs 48.95 lakh for renovation of a Mahatma Gandhi statue here and memorial of former Chief Minister K Kamaraj in Kanyakumari district.
According to an official release, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had issued orders to allot Rs 11.95 lakh for renovation of the Mahatma Gandhi statue located on Kamarajar Salai, close to the shores of the Marina beach.
She also alloted Rs 37 lakh for renovating the Kamaraj memorial located in Kanyakumari district, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh