Jaya sanctions funds for renovation of memorial
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday alloted funds to the tune of Rs 48.95 lakh for renovation of a Mahatma Gandhi statue here and memorial of former Chief Minister K Kamaraj in Kanyakumari district.
According to an official release, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had issued orders to allot Rs 11.95 lakh for renovation of the Mahatma Gandhi statue located on Kamarajar Salai, close to the shores of the Marina beach.
She also alloted Rs 37 lakh for renovating the Kamaraj memorial located in Kanyakumari district, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How 'Dishoom' team rescued 'Freedom 251' smartphone maker Mohit Goel!
- Narendra Modi became PM only to `murder` you! Get a life Mr Arvind Kejriwal
- Toyota falls behind Volkswagen in world`s biggest automaker race
- Know explosive details about Samjhauta Express blast, 'Hindu terror', Ishrat Jahan from the horse's mouth
- BJP suggests detoxification therapy for 'unstable' Kejriwal after his 'PM may get me killed' remark