Jaya seeks immediate release of TN Fishermen
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday sought Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s intervention to secure immediate release of 80 fishermen detained illegally by the Sri Lankan Navy.
She expressed distress over the recent arrest of 20 fishermen and seizure of five mechanised boats on November 21, World Fisheries Day, while they were fishing in their traditional waters of Palk Bay.
In a letter to Singh, she insisted that India use highest diplomatic channels to secure release of 80 fishermen and 47 fishing boats detained by the Sri Lankan authorities at the earliest.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan