Jaya set to be re-elected as AIADMK gen secretary
Chennai: AIADMK general secretary and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa is all set to be re-elected to the top party party post for which elections are scheduled to be held on August 29.
Jayalalithaa has been holding the post of General Secretary since 1987 after being elected following the death of party founder MG Ramachandran.
The elections to the general secretary post, held once in five years, are being held in accordance with party rules, an AIADMK release here said.
The process of filing nominations for the elections will be from August 20 to 24. Scrutiny will take place on August 27 and last date of withdrawal of candidature will be Augsut 28.
Party`s Organisation Secretary Visalakshi Nedunchezhiyan would be the `Election Commissioner`, the release said.
Results will be announced on August 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested