Jaya set to be re-elected as AIADMK general secretary
Chennai: AIADMK general secretary and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa is all set to be re-elected to the top party party post for which elections are scheduled to be held on August 29.
Jayalalithaa has been holding the post of General Secretary since 1987 after being elected following the death of party founder MG Ramachandran.
The elections to the general secretary post, held once in five years, are being held in accordance with party rules, an AIADMK release here said.
The process of filing nominations for the elections will be from August 20 to 24. Scrutiny will take place on August 27 and last date of withdrawal of candidature will be Augsut 28.
Party`s Organisation Secretary Visalakshi Nedunchezhiyan would be the `Election Commissioner`, the release said.
Results will be announced on August 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack