Jaya set to be re-elected as AIADMK general secretary
Chennai: AIADMK general secretary and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa is all set to be re-elected to the top party party post for which elections are scheduled to be held on August 29.
Jayalalithaa has been holding the post of General Secretary since 1987 after being elected following the death of party founder MG Ramachandran.
The elections to the general secretary post, held once in five years, are being held in accordance with party rules, an AIADMK release here said.
The process of filing nominations for the elections will be from August 20 to 24. Scrutiny will take place on August 27 and last date of withdrawal of candidature will be Augsut 28.
Party`s Organisation Secretary Visalakshi Nedunchezhiyan would be the `Election Commissioner`, the release said.
Results will be announced on August 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam