Jaya sets up audit society to monitor MGNREGA disbursals
Chennai: Seeking to ensure transparency in disbursal of wages to workers employed under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act scheme, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday announced formation of an audit society to oversee the process.
The `Social Audit Society of Tamil Nadu` would monitor the distribution of salaries to the labourers working across panchayats under the scheme, an official release here said.
Through the establishment of the society, about 858 jobs would be created across various levels, it said, adding the Chief Minister had already issued orders to increase the daily wages of the labourers from Rs 119 to Rs 132.
Jayalalithaa said on the basis of five educated labourers per panchayat, a total of 62,620 educated labourers would be appointed across various panchayats in order to undertake the auditing works.
Besides, she had issued orders to provide transport conveyance of Rs 300 to panchayat-level secretaries. The initiative will benefit 12,524 people, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’