Jaya sets up audit society to monitor MGNREGA disbursals
Chennai: Seeking to ensure transparency in disbursal of wages to workers employed under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act scheme, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday announced formation of an audit society to oversee the process.
The `Social Audit Society of Tamil Nadu` would monitor the distribution of salaries to the labourers working across panchayats under the scheme, an official release here said.
Through the establishment of the society, about 858 jobs would be created across various levels, it said, adding the Chief Minister had already issued orders to increase the daily wages of the labourers from Rs 119 to Rs 132.
Jayalalithaa said on the basis of five educated labourers per panchayat, a total of 62,620 educated labourers would be appointed across various panchayats in order to undertake the auditing works.
Besides, she had issued orders to provide transport conveyance of Rs 300 to panchayat-level secretaries. The initiative will benefit 12,524 people, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'