Jaya sets up audit society to monitor MGNREGA disbursals
Chennai: Seeking to ensure transparency in disbursal of wages to workers employed under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act scheme, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday announced formation of an audit society to oversee the process.
The `Social Audit Society of Tamil Nadu` would monitor the distribution of salaries to the labourers working across panchayats under the scheme, an official release here said.
Through the establishment of the society, about 858 jobs would be created across various levels, it said, adding the Chief Minister had already issued orders to increase the daily wages of the labourers from Rs 119 to Rs 132.
Jayalalithaa said on the basis of five educated labourers per panchayat, a total of 62,620 educated labourers would be appointed across various panchayats in order to undertake the auditing works.
Besides, she had issued orders to provide transport conveyance of Rs 300 to panchayat-level secretaries. The initiative will benefit 12,524 people, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress