Jaya slams diesel price hike
Chennai: Congress-led UPA with showing no respect to feelings of the people, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today said the diesel price hike has shown that the coalition government had gone "away a long distance" from people.
Today`s hike of 50 paise per litre will cause further hardship to the people who are already suffering from economic slowdown, unemployment and price rise, she said in a statement here.
"The government, which is incapable of arresting the falling value of the Indian rupee, is burdening its incapability on the people which is unacceptable. This shows the Congress-led UPA government is going away a long distance from people by not respecting their feelings," she said.
The hike will further propel prices of vehicles, thus spurring inflation, she said demanding withdrawal of the revision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan