Jaya takes a dig at Karuna for fielding Raja, Maran
Erode: AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa on Thursday lambasted DMK for fielding former Union ministers A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran, accused in 2G and Aircel-Maxis cases respectively.
Addressing an election rally here, Jayalalithaa said while Raja was facing corruption charges in the 2G case, Maran was an accused in Aircel-Maxis, besides illegally procuring 300 telephone connections at his residence.
Taking a dig at the defence offered by DMK chief M Karunanidhi that cases against the leaders were "weak", the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister asked, "What does it mean if there is no witness? Karunanidhi thinks that he can justify scam-tainted candidates contest and cheat the people."
Jayalalithaa, who has been criss-crossing the state to ensure her party`s victory in 39 seats in Tamil Nadu, appealed to the electorate to teach a lesson to the DMK for giving tickets to tainted leaders.
She also appealed the voters to ensure AIADMK`s victory for an inclusive government at the Centre and criticised policies of the Congress-led UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan