Jaya takes a dig at Karuna for fielding Raja, Maran
Erode: AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa on Thursday lambasted DMK for fielding former Union ministers A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran, accused in 2G and Aircel-Maxis cases respectively.
Addressing an election rally here, Jayalalithaa said while Raja was facing corruption charges in the 2G case, Maran was an accused in Aircel-Maxis, besides illegally procuring 300 telephone connections at his residence.
Taking a dig at the defence offered by DMK chief M Karunanidhi that cases against the leaders were "weak", the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister asked, "What does it mean if there is no witness? Karunanidhi thinks that he can justify scam-tainted candidates contest and cheat the people."
Jayalalithaa, who has been criss-crossing the state to ensure her party`s victory in 39 seats in Tamil Nadu, appealed to the electorate to teach a lesson to the DMK for giving tickets to tainted leaders.
She also appealed the voters to ensure AIADMK`s victory for an inclusive government at the Centre and criticised policies of the Congress-led UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon