Jaya takes a dig at Karuna for fielding Raja, Maran
Erode: AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa on Thursday lambasted DMK for fielding former Union ministers A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran, accused in 2G and Aircel-Maxis cases respectively.
Addressing an election rally here, Jayalalithaa said while Raja was facing corruption charges in the 2G case, Maran was an accused in Aircel-Maxis, besides illegally procuring 300 telephone connections at his residence.
Taking a dig at the defence offered by DMK chief M Karunanidhi that cases against the leaders were "weak", the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister asked, "What does it mean if there is no witness? Karunanidhi thinks that he can justify scam-tainted candidates contest and cheat the people."
Jayalalithaa, who has been criss-crossing the state to ensure her party`s victory in 39 seats in Tamil Nadu, appealed to the electorate to teach a lesson to the DMK for giving tickets to tainted leaders.
She also appealed the voters to ensure AIADMK`s victory for an inclusive government at the Centre and criticised policies of the Congress-led UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price