Jaya TV receives four threatening letters after phone call
Chennai: After receiving a threatening phone
call yesterday, AIADMK-backed Jaya TV on Thursday said it has
received four missives warning party chief Jayalalithaa that
she will be killed if she visited Madurai for a proposed rally
on October 18.
In a complaint to the DGP and Chennai City Police
Commissioner, copies of which were released to the media here,
Jaya TV Vice-President (News) K P Sunil said the envelope
containing letters written by various persons was received by
He said all these letters warn AIADMK General Secretary
Jayalalithaa of dire consequences if she dares to visit
Madurai to address a protest meeting there.
Expressing concern over the continuing threats to
Jayalalithaa`s life and to media freedom, Sunil demanded that
police initiate necessary probe and arrest the culprit
behind the threatening calls.
He also requested the police to enhance the security
cover for Jayalalithaa, who is in Z Plus category, besides
arranging adequate security for the channel`s office.
Yesterday, Jaya TV had received a threatening phone
call, reportedly from a supporter of the banned LTTE.
Sunil said today`s threatening call comes close on the
heels of a series of threatening letters received by the
AIADMK leader since August 28.
Tamil Nadu government has handed over to CBI
investigation of the case relating to the threatening letters
received by Jayalalithaa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu