Jaya undecided on no-confidence motion
Chennai: Adopting a wait and watch approach, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Tuesday said the AIADMK stand on TMC leader Mamata Banerjee proposed no-confidence motion against UPA Government would be decided based on numbers.
"If the no-confidence motion comes, it has to be successful. So far nobody has approached us for support. If it comes up we can decide only after knowing how many (parties) and who are all supporting," she said here.
Speaking to reporters after meeting party MPs on the AIADMK`s strategy for the winter session of Parliament, she said the party, which has nine Lok Sabha members, would oppose FDI in retail if it came up for voting in Parliament.
"I have issued a clear statement. We oppose FDI in retail. I will not allow it in Tamil Nadu. There is no change in our stand," Jayalalithaa said.
Responding to a question on the talk about early Lok Sabha election, Jayalalithaa said her party would welcome it as it was ready to face the polls anytime.
To a question about Rahul Gandhi being projected as Prime Ministerial candidate, she said Congress has the right and freedom to choose its nominee for the top post.
"Congress is enacting a drama," she said when asked about the government`s view that the presumptive loss estimated by the Comptroller and Auditor General in 2G allocation was wrong and there was no scam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know