Jaya undecided on no-confidence motion
Chennai: Adopting a wait and watch approach, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Tuesday said the AIADMK stand on TMC leader Mamata Banerjee proposed no-confidence motion against UPA Government would be decided based on numbers.
"If the no-confidence motion comes, it has to be successful. So far nobody has approached us for support. If it comes up we can decide only after knowing how many (parties) and who are all supporting," she said here.
Speaking to reporters after meeting party MPs on the AIADMK`s strategy for the winter session of Parliament, she said the party, which has nine Lok Sabha members, would oppose FDI in retail if it came up for voting in Parliament.
"I have issued a clear statement. We oppose FDI in retail. I will not allow it in Tamil Nadu. There is no change in our stand," Jayalalithaa said.
Responding to a question on the talk about early Lok Sabha election, Jayalalithaa said her party would welcome it as it was ready to face the polls anytime.
To a question about Rahul Gandhi being projected as Prime Ministerial candidate, she said Congress has the right and freedom to choose its nominee for the top post.
"Congress is enacting a drama," she said when asked about the government`s view that the presumptive loss estimated by the Comptroller and Auditor General in 2G allocation was wrong and there was no scam.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar
- Oh-so-cute! Shah Rukh Khan spends candid time with Yusuf Pathan's son – Pic inside
- Mizoram HSLC Board Results 2016 declared: MBSE HSLC Class 10 exam Results available at mbse.edu.in