Jaya urges AIADMK workers to help pary win LS polls
Chennai: Charging the opposition DMK with influencing its senior alliance partner Congress-led UPA at Centre on several issues, including Cauvery crisis, AIADMK supremo and CM Jayalalithaa Wednesday encouraged her partymen to win all Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu in the next Parliamentary polls to realise the state`s `just demands`.
"To realise the just demands of Tamil Nadu and make AIADMK have a decisive say in (formation of) Central government, I request you to work towards ensuring (the party) winning all 40 seats (39 in Tamil Nadu and one in Puducherry)," Jaya said.
In a message to AIADMK workers ahead of party founder M G Ramachandran`s 96th birthday on January 17, she accused DMK, a key UPA constituent with trying to defame her government with the help of the Centre.
"It is using its alliance clout to insult me. It instructs the Central government to deny Tamil Nadu power and kerosene besides asking it not to notify the Cauvery water tribunal`s final award.
And the Central government is also nodding its head," the chief minister alleged.
Describing the Congress-led coalition government as a "minority", she charged it with obliging DMK`s insistence in denying financial grant to Tamil Nadu.
Jayalalithaa has been constantly knocking at the doors of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led Union government on many issues, including power -- such as additional allocation besides demanding the entire electricity from Kudankulam Nuclear plant, increased allocation of kerosene and notification of the final award of the Cauvery Water tribunal.
The CM said she was not new to such `antics` of DMK and vowed to get over them with the support of her mentor Ramachandran`s blessings and support of party workers.
This is not the first time Jayalalithaa has asked her partymen to return her all 40 seats. She had on earlier occasions urged them to do so aiming to make AIADMK and herself play a bigger political role at the national level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured