Jaya urges AIADMK workers to help pary win LS polls
Chennai: Charging the opposition DMK with influencing its senior alliance partner Congress-led UPA at Centre on several issues, including Cauvery crisis, AIADMK supremo and CM Jayalalithaa Wednesday encouraged her partymen to win all Lok Sabha seats in Tamil Nadu in the next Parliamentary polls to realise the state`s `just demands`.
"To realise the just demands of Tamil Nadu and make AIADMK have a decisive say in (formation of) Central government, I request you to work towards ensuring (the party) winning all 40 seats (39 in Tamil Nadu and one in Puducherry)," Jaya said.
In a message to AIADMK workers ahead of party founder M G Ramachandran`s 96th birthday on January 17, she accused DMK, a key UPA constituent with trying to defame her government with the help of the Centre.
"It is using its alliance clout to insult me. It instructs the Central government to deny Tamil Nadu power and kerosene besides asking it not to notify the Cauvery water tribunal`s final award.
And the Central government is also nodding its head," the chief minister alleged.
Describing the Congress-led coalition government as a "minority", she charged it with obliging DMK`s insistence in denying financial grant to Tamil Nadu.
Jayalalithaa has been constantly knocking at the doors of the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh-led Union government on many issues, including power -- such as additional allocation besides demanding the entire electricity from Kudankulam Nuclear plant, increased allocation of kerosene and notification of the final award of the Cauvery Water tribunal.
The CM said she was not new to such `antics` of DMK and vowed to get over them with the support of her mentor Ramachandran`s blessings and support of party workers.
This is not the first time Jayalalithaa has asked her partymen to return her all 40 seats. She had on earlier occasions urged them to do so aiming to make AIADMK and herself play a bigger political role at the national level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand