Jaya, Vijaykant maligning Karuna, family: DMK
Chennai: AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa and DMDK
founder Vijaykant have flouted the model code of conduct by
making personal attacks against TN Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi and his family and the Election Commission
should take suitable action against them, claimed the DMK
In a four-page complaint lodged with the Chief Electoral
Officer, the party claimed that the AIADMK leader was "making
serious and highly objectionable allegations" against its
leader M Karunanidhi and his family.
The DMK alleged that Vijaykant also was making similar
"malicious and false allegations against its leader."
These were "serious, unverified, false and unscrupulous
allegations," and violated the model code for the April 13
assembly elections, the party said.
Some of the allegations were that the DMK chief`s family
was the wealthiest in Asia and that all government departments
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video