Jaya, Vijaykant maligning Karuna, family: DMK
Chennai: AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa and DMDK
founder Vijaykant have flouted the model code of conduct by
making personal attacks against TN Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi and his family and the Election Commission
should take suitable action against them, claimed the DMK
In a four-page complaint lodged with the Chief Electoral
Officer, the party claimed that the AIADMK leader was "making
serious and highly objectionable allegations" against its
leader M Karunanidhi and his family.
The DMK alleged that Vijaykant also was making similar
"malicious and false allegations against its leader."
These were "serious, unverified, false and unscrupulous
allegations," and violated the model code for the April 13
assembly elections, the party said.
Some of the allegations were that the DMK chief`s family
was the wealthiest in Asia and that all government departments
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster