Jaya, Vijaykant maligning Karuna, family: DMK
Chennai: AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa and DMDK
founder Vijaykant have flouted the model code of conduct by
making personal attacks against TN Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi and his family and the Election Commission
should take suitable action against them, claimed the DMK
In a four-page complaint lodged with the Chief Electoral
Officer, the party claimed that the AIADMK leader was "making
serious and highly objectionable allegations" against its
leader M Karunanidhi and his family.
The DMK alleged that Vijaykant also was making similar
"malicious and false allegations against its leader."
These were "serious, unverified, false and unscrupulous
allegations," and violated the model code for the April 13
assembly elections, the party said.
Some of the allegations were that the DMK chief`s family
was the wealthiest in Asia and that all government departments
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday