Jaya Vs N Ram: TN court to hear defamation case
New Delhi: A Chennai court will on Friday hear a criminal defamation case filed by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa against `The Hindu` newspaper`s former editor-in-chief N Ram, for publishing a controversial article earlier carried by Tamil magazine Nakheeran.
In her petition, the AIADMK chief has alleged that N Ram allowed the publication of the controversial article without checking the veracity of the content.
Jaya Lalitha has not asked for compensation but wants N Ram to be prosecuted for the publication.
Nakkeeran reportedly published a cover story on 8th of November last year about the Chief Minister eating beef and `The Hindu` carried the article the very next day.
Enraged AIADMK workers later vandalised Nakkeeran`s office after the story went viral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29