Jaya Vs N Ram: TN court to hear defamation case
New Delhi: A Chennai court will on Friday hear a criminal defamation case filed by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa against `The Hindu` newspaper`s former editor-in-chief N Ram, for publishing a controversial article earlier carried by Tamil magazine Nakheeran.
In her petition, the AIADMK chief has alleged that N Ram allowed the publication of the controversial article without checking the veracity of the content.
Jaya Lalitha has not asked for compensation but wants N Ram to be prosecuted for the publication.
Nakkeeran reportedly published a cover story on 8th of November last year about the Chief Minister eating beef and `The Hindu` carried the article the very next day.
Enraged AIADMK workers later vandalised Nakkeeran`s office after the story went viral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued