Jaya Vs N Ram: TN court to hear defamation case
New Delhi: A Chennai court will on Friday hear a criminal defamation case filed by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa against `The Hindu` newspaper`s former editor-in-chief N Ram, for publishing a controversial article earlier carried by Tamil magazine Nakheeran.
In her petition, the AIADMK chief has alleged that N Ram allowed the publication of the controversial article without checking the veracity of the content.
Jaya Lalitha has not asked for compensation but wants N Ram to be prosecuted for the publication.
Nakkeeran reportedly published a cover story on 8th of November last year about the Chief Minister eating beef and `The Hindu` carried the article the very next day.
Enraged AIADMK workers later vandalised Nakkeeran`s office after the story went viral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites