Jaya Vs N Ram: TN court to hear defamation case
New Delhi: A Chennai court will on Friday hear a criminal defamation case filed by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa against `The Hindu` newspaper`s former editor-in-chief N Ram, for publishing a controversial article earlier carried by Tamil magazine Nakheeran.
In her petition, the AIADMK chief has alleged that N Ram allowed the publication of the controversial article without checking the veracity of the content.
Jaya Lalitha has not asked for compensation but wants N Ram to be prosecuted for the publication.
Nakkeeran reportedly published a cover story on 8th of November last year about the Chief Minister eating beef and `The Hindu` carried the article the very next day.
Enraged AIADMK workers later vandalised Nakkeeran`s office after the story went viral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa