Jayalalithaa christens 6 tiger cubs
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, an avid animal lover on Saturday christened five tiger cubs, including three white tigers, born at the famous Arignar Anna Zoological Park at Vandalur near here.
Two female white tiger cubs were named as "Thaaraa" and "Meeraa" while a male was christened "Bheemaa" by Jayalalithaa, an official release said.
Another two male tiger cubs were christened as "Aadityaa" and "Karnaa" by her. These cubs were given birth by two tigresses in March this year.
Jayalalithaa also named a female tiger cub, rescued from Sathyamangalam forest area and sheltered at the park, as "Uthraa", the release said.
Jayalalithaa had last year visited the park, one of the largest zoos in South East Asia sprawling over an area of 602 hectare and visited by about 20 lakh people annually, and named seven tiger cubs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile
- When Varun Dhawan, John Abraham came to Jacqueline Fernandez's rescue—Full story inside
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor