Jayalalithaa drops minister, reshuffles cabinet
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa dropped K.V. Ramalingam, minister for sports and youth welfare from her council of ministers, said an official statement Monday.
According to a statement from Raj Bhavan, Governor K. Rosaiah has approved Jayalalithaa`s recommendation of dropping Ramalingam from her ministry.
The governor also approved the induction of R.B. Udhaya Kumar as the new minister for sports and youth welfare.
The swearing in ceremony of the new minister will be held at Raj Bhavan Dec 11.
K. Rosaiah also approved the reallocation of portfolios of some ministers as recommended by the chief minister.
M.C. Sampath has been designated as the minister for commercial taxes and registration. The portfolio was earlier held by B.V. Ramanaa.
Ramanaa has been designated as minister for revenue in place of Thoppu N.D. Venkatachalam.
Venkatachalam will be the minister for environment, which was held by M.C. Sampath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love