Jayalalithaa drops minister, reshuffles cabinet
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa dropped K.V. Ramalingam, minister for sports and youth welfare from her council of ministers, said an official statement Monday.
According to a statement from Raj Bhavan, Governor K. Rosaiah has approved Jayalalithaa`s recommendation of dropping Ramalingam from her ministry.
The governor also approved the induction of R.B. Udhaya Kumar as the new minister for sports and youth welfare.
The swearing in ceremony of the new minister will be held at Raj Bhavan Dec 11.
K. Rosaiah also approved the reallocation of portfolios of some ministers as recommended by the chief minister.
M.C. Sampath has been designated as the minister for commercial taxes and registration. The portfolio was earlier held by B.V. Ramanaa.
Ramanaa has been designated as minister for revenue in place of Thoppu N.D. Venkatachalam.
Venkatachalam will be the minister for environment, which was held by M.C. Sampath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read