Jayalalithaa drops three ministers, inducts three
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday inducted three new faces into her cabinet while dropping three ministers.
A statement by the Raj Bhavan said that on the recommendation of the chief minister, Governor K Rosaiah dropped VS Vijay, minister for health, Gokula Indira, minister for tourism, and NR Sivapathy, minister for school education, youth welfare, law, courts and prisons, from the council of ministers.
The governor approved the induction of TP Poonachi as minister for khadi and village industries, Vaigaichelvan as minister for school education, sports and youth welfare and KC Veeramani as minister for health.
The new ministers will be sworn-in Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray