Jayalalithaa drops three ministers, inducts three
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday inducted three new faces into her cabinet while dropping three ministers.
A statement by the Raj Bhavan said that on the recommendation of the chief minister, Governor K Rosaiah dropped VS Vijay, minister for health, Gokula Indira, minister for tourism, and NR Sivapathy, minister for school education, youth welfare, law, courts and prisons, from the council of ministers.
The governor approved the induction of TP Poonachi as minister for khadi and village industries, Vaigaichelvan as minister for school education, sports and youth welfare and KC Veeramani as minister for health.
The new ministers will be sworn-in Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29