Jayalalithaa drops three ministers, inducts three
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday inducted three new faces into her cabinet while dropping three ministers.
A statement by the Raj Bhavan said that on the recommendation of the chief minister, Governor K Rosaiah dropped VS Vijay, minister for health, Gokula Indira, minister for tourism, and NR Sivapathy, minister for school education, youth welfare, law, courts and prisons, from the council of ministers.
The governor approved the induction of TP Poonachi as minister for khadi and village industries, Vaigaichelvan as minister for school education, sports and youth welfare and KC Veeramani as minister for health.
The new ministers will be sworn-in Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened