Jayalalithaa drops three ministers, inducts three
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Wednesday inducted three new faces into her cabinet while dropping three ministers.
A statement by the Raj Bhavan said that on the recommendation of the chief minister, Governor K Rosaiah dropped VS Vijay, minister for health, Gokula Indira, minister for tourism, and NR Sivapathy, minister for school education, youth welfare, law, courts and prisons, from the council of ministers.
The governor approved the induction of TP Poonachi as minister for khadi and village industries, Vaigaichelvan as minister for school education, sports and youth welfare and KC Veeramani as minister for health.
The new ministers will be sworn-in Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation