Jayalalithaa expels former RS member Malaichamy
Chennai: AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa on Thursday expelled party leader and former Rajya Sabha MP K Malaichamy, who had recently said that Narendra Modi was her "good friend".
A party statement said Malaichamy has been removed from the primary membership of AIADMK for violating party discipline and for bringing disrepute to its image.
The drastic action came apparently against the backdrop of a statement by the former IAS office describing the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi a `good friend` of the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister.
Malaichamy had also said AIADMK would play a vital role in the Modi government after the results are announced.
Jayalalithaa, who is yet to disclose her political moves, had said yesterday she would reserve her comments until the election results are announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa