Jayalalithaa expels former RS member Malaichamy
Chennai: AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa on Thursday expelled party leader and former Rajya Sabha MP K Malaichamy, who had recently said that Narendra Modi was her "good friend".
A party statement said Malaichamy has been removed from the primary membership of AIADMK for violating party discipline and for bringing disrepute to its image.
The drastic action came apparently against the backdrop of a statement by the former IAS office describing the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi a `good friend` of the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister.
Malaichamy had also said AIADMK would play a vital role in the Modi government after the results are announced.
Jayalalithaa, who is yet to disclose her political moves, had said yesterday she would reserve her comments until the election results are announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan