Jayalalithaa expresses grief over Nageswara Rao`s death
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday expressed grief over the death of Akkineni Nageswara Rao, hailing him as one of India`s greatest actors.
"He strode the Telugu film industry like a colossus," she said, adding Nageswara Rao had acted in many Tamil films including "Or Iravu (story and screenplay by DMK founder C N Annadurai)," and "Kalyanaparisu".
"I have worked with him in many movies. My first film in Telugu `Manushulu Mamathalu` was with Nageswara Rao," she said, adding, he was courtesy personified and pleasant to work with.
Describing his death as an irreparable loss to the film industry and nation as well, she conveyed her condolences to his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference