Jayalalithaa expresses grief over Nageswara Rao`s death
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday expressed grief over the death of Akkineni Nageswara Rao, hailing him as one of India`s greatest actors.
"He strode the Telugu film industry like a colossus," she said, adding Nageswara Rao had acted in many Tamil films including "Or Iravu (story and screenplay by DMK founder C N Annadurai)," and "Kalyanaparisu".
"I have worked with him in many movies. My first film in Telugu `Manushulu Mamathalu` was with Nageswara Rao," she said, adding, he was courtesy personified and pleasant to work with.
Describing his death as an irreparable loss to the film industry and nation as well, she conveyed her condolences to his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details