Jayalalithaa expresses grief over Nageswara Rao`s death
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Wednesday expressed grief over the death of Akkineni Nageswara Rao, hailing him as one of India`s greatest actors.
"He strode the Telugu film industry like a colossus," she said, adding Nageswara Rao had acted in many Tamil films including "Or Iravu (story and screenplay by DMK founder C N Annadurai)," and "Kalyanaparisu".
"I have worked with him in many movies. My first film in Telugu `Manushulu Mamathalu` was with Nageswara Rao," she said, adding, he was courtesy personified and pleasant to work with.
Describing his death as an irreparable loss to the film industry and nation as well, she conveyed her condolences to his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical