Jayalalithaa files defamation case against Stalin
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday filed a criminal defamation case against DMK treasurer and party`s floor leader in the state Assembly, MK Stalin, for allegedly raising slogans against her and Speaker outside the Assembly.
City Public Prosecutor ML Jagan filed the case on behalf of the Chief Minister, in the Principal Sessions Court, Chennai.
In his petition, the CPP submitted that DMK MLAs, including Stalin, were evicted from the Assembly on July 22.
After addressing reporters outside the Assembly, Stalin and other DMK MLAs shouted slogans against the Chief Minister and Speaker, it was submitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP