Jayalalithaa files defamation case against Stalin
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Wednesday filed a criminal defamation case against DMK treasurer and party`s floor leader in the state Assembly, MK Stalin, for allegedly raising slogans against her and Speaker outside the Assembly.
City Public Prosecutor ML Jagan filed the case on behalf of the Chief Minister, in the Principal Sessions Court, Chennai.
In his petition, the CPP submitted that DMK MLAs, including Stalin, were evicted from the Assembly on July 22.
After addressing reporters outside the Assembly, Stalin and other DMK MLAs shouted slogans against the Chief Minister and Speaker, it was submitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed