Jayalalithaa greets Chandrababu Naidu on becoming AP CM
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Sunday extended her greetings to Telugu Desam Party leader, Chandrababu Naidu on becoming the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
In her letter to Naidu, Jayalalithaa thanked him for the invitation to the swearing-in ceremony and cited pressing circumstances for her absence but deputed two ministers from her Cabinet on her behalf.
"I convey my congratulations and best wishes to you for a very successful tenure as Chief Minister. I am sure that under your stewardship the state of Andhra Pradesh will reach new heights of prosperity and development," she said.
Minister for Housing and Urban Development R Vaithilingam and Minister for Transport V Senthil Balaji would represent the Chief Minister in the swearing-in ceremony, she added.
Governor ESL Narasimhan will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Chandrababu at a public function to be held at Nagarjuna Nagar between Vijayawada and Guntur at 7.27 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened