Jayalalithaa greets Chandrababu Naidu on becoming AP CM
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Sunday extended her greetings to Telugu Desam Party leader, Chandrababu Naidu on becoming the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
In her letter to Naidu, Jayalalithaa thanked him for the invitation to the swearing-in ceremony and cited pressing circumstances for her absence but deputed two ministers from her Cabinet on her behalf.
"I convey my congratulations and best wishes to you for a very successful tenure as Chief Minister. I am sure that under your stewardship the state of Andhra Pradesh will reach new heights of prosperity and development," she said.
Minister for Housing and Urban Development R Vaithilingam and Minister for Transport V Senthil Balaji would represent the Chief Minister in the swearing-in ceremony, she added.
Governor ESL Narasimhan will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Chandrababu at a public function to be held at Nagarjuna Nagar between Vijayawada and Guntur at 7.27 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi