Jayalalithaa hands over new homes to Tsunami affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J
Jayalalithaa today handed over 3,616 housing units constructed at a cost of Rs 139.51 crore to those who were affected by the 2004 Tsunami.
Jayalalithaa issued orders during the previous AIADMK regmie to construct housing units with a financial assistance tie-up with World Bank, for those people who were affected by the Tsunami.
The housing units constructed by Slum Clearance Board in Thiruvottiyur near here on a 13.69 hectare land, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Deaths in Indonesia landslides, flood rise to 56 with nine still missing
- IAF to set up training base at Kodikarai
- DRDO to start Rs 100 crore research centre at Jadavpur varsity
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal all praises for Shirish Kunder's 'Kriti'!
- AAP wants Najeeb Jung arrested over murder, Delhi LG rebuts charge