Jayalalithaa hands over new homes to Tsunami affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J
Jayalalithaa today handed over 3,616 housing units constructed at a cost of Rs 139.51 crore to those who were affected by the 2004 Tsunami.
Jayalalithaa issued orders during the previous AIADMK regmie to construct housing units with a financial assistance tie-up with World Bank, for those people who were affected by the Tsunami.
The housing units constructed by Slum Clearance Board in Thiruvottiyur near here on a 13.69 hectare land, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack