Jayalalithaa hands over new homes to Tsunami affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J
Jayalalithaa today handed over 3,616 housing units constructed at a cost of Rs 139.51 crore to those who were affected by the 2004 Tsunami.
Jayalalithaa issued orders during the previous AIADMK regmie to construct housing units with a financial assistance tie-up with World Bank, for those people who were affected by the Tsunami.
The housing units constructed by Slum Clearance Board in Thiruvottiyur near here on a 13.69 hectare land, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- NASA’s SDO captures bursts of solar material from the Sun- Watch
- Watch: Videos show German-Iranian gunman going on rampage in Munich
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 24, millions evacuated
- Defence Minister Parrikar leaves for Chennai to monitor ops of missing IAF AN 32
- Pakistan has been crying for Kashmir ever since independence: NPP