Jayalalithaa hands over new homes to Tsunami affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J
Jayalalithaa today handed over 3,616 housing units constructed at a cost of Rs 139.51 crore to those who were affected by the 2004 Tsunami.
Jayalalithaa issued orders during the previous AIADMK regmie to construct housing units with a financial assistance tie-up with World Bank, for those people who were affected by the Tsunami.
The housing units constructed by Slum Clearance Board in Thiruvottiyur near here on a 13.69 hectare land, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan