Jayalalithaa hands over new homes to Tsunami affected
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J
Jayalalithaa today handed over 3,616 housing units constructed at a cost of Rs 139.51 crore to those who were affected by the 2004 Tsunami.
Jayalalithaa issued orders during the previous AIADMK regmie to construct housing units with a financial assistance tie-up with World Bank, for those people who were affected by the Tsunami.
The housing units constructed by Slum Clearance Board in Thiruvottiyur near here on a 13.69 hectare land, an official release here said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming