Jayalalithaa hopes for higher water level at Mullaperiyar
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Wednesday expressed hope that the Mullaperiyar Dam supervisory committee will restore the dam`s water storage level to 142 feet during the current monsoon period.
In a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday, text of which was released to the media, Jayalaltihaa thanked Modi for constituting the supervisory committee to implement the order of the apex court for increasing the water storage level at Mullaperiyar Dam to 142 feet.
She said the state government has received the Centre`s order constituting the supervisory committee.
"I fervently hope that the supervisory committee will accomplish the task of restoration of the water storage level in the Mullaperiyar dam to 142 feet initially as per the judgment and order of the Supreme Court during the current South-West Monsoon period itself," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?