Jayalalithaa hopes for higher water level at Mullaperiyar
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Wednesday expressed hope that the Mullaperiyar Dam supervisory committee will restore the dam`s water storage level to 142 feet during the current monsoon period.
In a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday, text of which was released to the media, Jayalaltihaa thanked Modi for constituting the supervisory committee to implement the order of the apex court for increasing the water storage level at Mullaperiyar Dam to 142 feet.
She said the state government has received the Centre`s order constituting the supervisory committee.
"I fervently hope that the supervisory committee will accomplish the task of restoration of the water storage level in the Mullaperiyar dam to 142 feet initially as per the judgment and order of the Supreme Court during the current South-West Monsoon period itself," she said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state