Jayalalithaa hopes for higher water level at Mullaperiyar
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Wednesday expressed hope that the Mullaperiyar Dam supervisory committee will restore the dam`s water storage level to 142 feet during the current monsoon period.
In a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday, text of which was released to the media, Jayalaltihaa thanked Modi for constituting the supervisory committee to implement the order of the apex court for increasing the water storage level at Mullaperiyar Dam to 142 feet.
She said the state government has received the Centre`s order constituting the supervisory committee.
"I fervently hope that the supervisory committee will accomplish the task of restoration of the water storage level in the Mullaperiyar dam to 142 feet initially as per the judgment and order of the Supreme Court during the current South-West Monsoon period itself," she said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Google empowers students, unveils free online educational tool
- 7th Pay Commission: Overview and Highlights
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani teamed up for 'Befikra' because of THIS actor?
- Kejriwal's Gujarat visit cancelled, triggers blame game between AAP, BJP
- Uproar in J&K Assembly over beef ban bill; Engineer Rashid, Congress MLAs stage walk-out