Jayalalithaa, Karunanidhi greet people on Easter
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday extended their Easter greetings.
Jayalalithaa said Lord Jesus was a symbol of sacrifice and recalled that the faithful celebrate the resurrection of Jesus after his crucifixion as Easter.
In an official statement, she said Lord Jesus had preached sacrifice, love, pardon and brotherhood and exhorted one and all to overcome differences and follow these, and extended her Easter greetings.
Karunanidhi said that while in government, his party had extended various benefits to Christians including reservation besides constituting the Minorities Welfare Commission.
TNCC president BS Gnanadesikan also extended his Easter day greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey