Jayalalithaa, Karunanidhi greet people on Easter
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and DMK president M Karunanidhi on Saturday extended their Easter greetings.
Jayalalithaa said Lord Jesus was a symbol of sacrifice and recalled that the faithful celebrate the resurrection of Jesus after his crucifixion as Easter.
In an official statement, she said Lord Jesus had preached sacrifice, love, pardon and brotherhood and exhorted one and all to overcome differences and follow these, and extended her Easter greetings.
Karunanidhi said that while in government, his party had extended various benefits to Christians including reservation besides constituting the Minorities Welfare Commission.
TNCC president BS Gnanadesikan also extended his Easter day greetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video