Jayalalithaa mourns death of girl who fell in borewell
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday expressed grief over the death of a six-year-old girl who fell into a 400-feet deep borewell in Tiruvannamalai district, last week.
Devi, who was rescued after a 10 hour battle, died on September 28 without responding to treatment.
Extending her condolences, Jayalalithaa announced a Rs one lakh solatium from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, to the bereaved family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog