Jayalalithaa mourns death of girl who fell in borewell
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday expressed grief over the death of a six-year-old girl who fell into a 400-feet deep borewell in Tiruvannamalai district, last week.
Devi, who was rescued after a 10 hour battle, died on September 28 without responding to treatment.
Extending her condolences, Jayalalithaa announced a Rs one lakh solatium from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, to the bereaved family.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why