Jayalalithaa mourns death of girl who fell in borewell
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday expressed grief over the death of a six-year-old girl who fell into a 400-feet deep borewell in Tiruvannamalai district, last week.
Devi, who was rescued after a 10 hour battle, died on September 28 without responding to treatment.
Extending her condolences, Jayalalithaa announced a Rs one lakh solatium from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, to the bereaved family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- DNA : Today in History, 26th July, 2016