Jayalalithaa mourns death of girl who fell in borewell
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday expressed grief over the death of a six-year-old girl who fell into a 400-feet deep borewell in Tiruvannamalai district, last week.
Devi, who was rescued after a 10 hour battle, died on September 28 without responding to treatment.
Extending her condolences, Jayalalithaa announced a Rs one lakh solatium from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, to the bereaved family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon