Jayalalithaa opens Law school and Medical college
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa on Thursday inaugurated a law school in her constituency Srirangam and a government medical college in Thiruvannamalai district.
According to an official statement, the Tamil Nadu National Law School will admit 100 students during the academic year 2013-14, including 10 non-resident Indian students.
The school is built on a 25 acre plot at an outlay of around Rs.100 crore in Srirangam in Tiruchirapalli district, around 350 km from here.
According to another statement, a total of 100 students will be admitted in the Thiruvannamalai Government Medical College.
The college, located around 200 km from here, is built at an outlay of Rs.73.16 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore