Jayalalithaa replaces AIADMK candidate for RS polls; expels him
Chennai: AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday replaced one of her party candidates for the Rajya Sabha polls and even expelled him from the party for "anti-party activities and going against its principles."
Jayalalithaa replaced N Chinnadurai with A K Selvaraj, who is the party`s organising secretary.
In a statement, Jayalalithaa announced the expulsion of Chinnadurai for "indulging in anti-party activities and going against its principles bringing disrepute to the ruling AIADMK."
Jayalalithaa had on Thursday announced four candidates for the February 7 Rajya Sabha elections while extending support to CPI-M, which has renominated sitting MP TK Rangarajan for a successive term.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India