Jayalalithaa replaces AIADMK candidate for RS polls; expels him
Chennai: AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday replaced one of her party candidates for the Rajya Sabha polls and even expelled him from the party for "anti-party activities and going against its principles."
Jayalalithaa replaced N Chinnadurai with A K Selvaraj, who is the party`s organising secretary.
In a statement, Jayalalithaa announced the expulsion of Chinnadurai for "indulging in anti-party activities and going against its principles bringing disrepute to the ruling AIADMK."
Jayalalithaa had on Thursday announced four candidates for the February 7 Rajya Sabha elections while extending support to CPI-M, which has renominated sitting MP TK Rangarajan for a successive term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption