Jayalalithaa revokes Sasikala’s expulsion
Chennai: AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Saturday revoked the expulsion of close aide Sasikala from the party. The development came just days after Sasikala snapped ties with all those who had "betrayed" the party supremo.
"VK Sasikala has sent a letter to me. She had also issued a
statement with the same content. I accept the explanation,"
Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
"The disciplinary action against Sasikala is cancelled,"
Announcing her fence-mending move following her expulsion from the AIADMK, Sasikala had said: "It is an unpardonable betrayal by those who claimed to be my relatives and friends to have indulged in activities against Jayalalithaa. Those who betrayed my sister are not needed by me."
Four months ago, Sasikala was removed from Poes Garden, Jayalalithaa`s official residence, in a major clean-up effort to purge AIADMK of her family members. Several of Sasikala`s relatives including her husband Natarajan have been booked by police on various charges since then.
Sasikala said she had dedicated her life to Jayalalithaa and wanted to serve the leader.
Sasikala is facing charges in a disproportionate asset case along with Jayalalithaa in a Bangalore court.
(With PTI inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know