Jayalalithaa revokes Sasikala’s expulsion
Chennai: AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Saturday revoked the expulsion of close aide Sasikala from the party. The development came just days after Sasikala snapped ties with all those who had "betrayed" the party supremo.
"VK Sasikala has sent a letter to me. She had also issued a
statement with the same content. I accept the explanation,"
Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
"The disciplinary action against Sasikala is cancelled,"
Announcing her fence-mending move following her expulsion from the AIADMK, Sasikala had said: "It is an unpardonable betrayal by those who claimed to be my relatives and friends to have indulged in activities against Jayalalithaa. Those who betrayed my sister are not needed by me."
Four months ago, Sasikala was removed from Poes Garden, Jayalalithaa`s official residence, in a major clean-up effort to purge AIADMK of her family members. Several of Sasikala`s relatives including her husband Natarajan have been booked by police on various charges since then.
Sasikala said she had dedicated her life to Jayalalithaa and wanted to serve the leader.
Sasikala is facing charges in a disproportionate asset case along with Jayalalithaa in a Bangalore court.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends