Jayalalithaa revokes Sasikala’s expulsion
Chennai: AIADMK chief J Jayalalithaa on Saturday revoked the expulsion of close aide Sasikala from the party. The development came just days after Sasikala snapped ties with all those who had "betrayed" the party supremo.
"VK Sasikala has sent a letter to me. She had also issued a
statement with the same content. I accept the explanation,"
Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
"The disciplinary action against Sasikala is cancelled,"
Announcing her fence-mending move following her expulsion from the AIADMK, Sasikala had said: "It is an unpardonable betrayal by those who claimed to be my relatives and friends to have indulged in activities against Jayalalithaa. Those who betrayed my sister are not needed by me."
Four months ago, Sasikala was removed from Poes Garden, Jayalalithaa`s official residence, in a major clean-up effort to purge AIADMK of her family members. Several of Sasikala`s relatives including her husband Natarajan have been booked by police on various charges since then.
Sasikala said she had dedicated her life to Jayalalithaa and wanted to serve the leader.
Sasikala is facing charges in a disproportionate asset case along with Jayalalithaa in a Bangalore court.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam