Jayalalithaa ridicules Karuna on 2G spectrum issue
Chennai: Taking a dig at Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi for reportedly saying that DMK never opposed a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into the 2G spectrum allocation scam, AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa on Sunday asked why had he not given it in writing to the Centre.
"If there was no wrongdoing in this issue, why didn`t he
give a written undertaking to the Centre that his party was
prepared for a JPC," Jayalalithaa said in a statement.
This would have ensured that proceedings continued in
Parliament, she said, apparently ridiculing DMK`s explanation
that the party had asked Raja to quit with a view to allowing
Parliament run smoothly.
Though Karunanidhi had said that his party had never
opposed a JPC, he did not mean it, she claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed