Jayalalithaa ridicules Karuna on 2G spectrum issue
Chennai: Taking a dig at Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi for reportedly saying that DMK never opposed a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe into the 2G spectrum allocation scam, AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa on Sunday asked why had he not given it in writing to the Centre.
"If there was no wrongdoing in this issue, why didn`t he
give a written undertaking to the Centre that his party was
prepared for a JPC," Jayalalithaa said in a statement.
This would have ensured that proceedings continued in
Parliament, she said, apparently ridiculing DMK`s explanation
that the party had asked Raja to quit with a view to allowing
Parliament run smoothly.
Though Karunanidhi had said that his party had never
opposed a JPC, he did not mean it, she claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- UK adds Pak-based Chinese Islamic group to terror list
- Sleeping near chicken can protect you from malaria!
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo