Jayalalithaa rules out withdrawing defamation case
Chennai: Ruling out withdrawal of defamation cases filed against opposition leaders, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Tuesday said those who are in public life and heading parties should mind their tongue.
Responding to the request of Deputy Leader of Opposition Panruti S Ramachandran of the DMDK that her government may consider withdrawing a majority of the cases against opposition leaders while retaining those with worst comments, she said cases have been filed against people who made the worst comments about her.
"People in public life, those who are in politics and particularly who lead political parties have to control their tongue," she said.
Jayalalithaa said her government is responsible for the 7.28 crore population of the state and if action is not taken against defamatory comments against the chief minister or the government, those comments would be considered as truth.
DMDK founder and Leader of Opposition A Vijayakanth is facing several defemation cases for his remarks against Jayalalithaa and her government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you