Jayalalithaa should apologise to Kanchi seers: Swamy
Chennai: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa should apologise to the Kanchi Mutt seers after a Puducherry court acquitted them of murder charges.
Swamy visited the Mutt and received Swami Sri Jayendra Saraswati. In a huge relief to the pontiffs of the Mutt -- Jayendra Saraswathi and Vijayendra Saraswathi -- a Puducherry court on Wednesday acquitted them in the sensational case of murder of a temple official in Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu in 2004.
Swamy has consistently campaigned against Tamil Nadu government for allegedly foisting a false murder case against Acharyas.
Later, he met both the senior and junior Shankaracharyas separately. Talking to reporters at the Mutt, he said Jayalalithaa should apologise to the Acharyas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note