Jayalalithaa should apologise to Kanchi seers: Swamy
Chennai: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa should apologise to the Kanchi Mutt seers after a Puducherry court acquitted them of murder charges.
Swamy visited the Mutt and received Swami Sri Jayendra Saraswati. In a huge relief to the pontiffs of the Mutt -- Jayendra Saraswathi and Vijayendra Saraswathi -- a Puducherry court on Wednesday acquitted them in the sensational case of murder of a temple official in Kancheepuram in Tamil Nadu in 2004.
Swamy has consistently campaigned against Tamil Nadu government for allegedly foisting a false murder case against Acharyas.
Later, he met both the senior and junior Shankaracharyas separately. Talking to reporters at the Mutt, he said Jayalalithaa should apologise to the Acharyas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"